CARDIOTHORACIC & VASCULAR SURGERY
The Renee Hospital’s Cardiothoracic Centre is one of the region’s major heart and lung surgical centers.
We provide advanced services in heart and lung surgery, heart and lung transplantation and mechanical circulatory support all under one roof.
The Cardiothoracic Unit at Renee Hospital consists of five theatres, two intensive care units and three special wards.
Our Services include
- General cardiovascular service
- Urgent cardiac surgery service
Thoracic Surgery Service:
- Thoracic cancer and benign disease service
- Adult heart and lung transplant service
- Pediatric heart and lung transplant service
Mechanical Circulatory Support Service:
- Adult and congenital ventricular assist device service
Specialist services offered include investigation and treatment for:
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary vascular diseases
- Lung transplantation
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease(COPD)
- Severe Asthma
Dr. Fazil Azeem Mohammed
M.S, FRCS, FRCS Glasgow (C-TH)
Cardio Thoracic Surgeon